I've never been good at braiding, up until a few months ago. I decided that I had to learn how to make Dutch braids (or boxer braids) before I would leave on my trip. Partly because it's a really convenient hairstyle and partly because it looks cute! Now I can braid my hair with my eyes closed so to speak. I wore my hair like this nearly every day for two months, and I'll tell you why these braids are the best possible hairstyle for traveling!
2. It looks stylish and cute. If it's good enough for the Kardashians... ;)
3. Boxer braids can withstand all weather conditions, from extreme humidity to rain to strong winds to extreme heat.. everything!
4. Messy is okay. Although boxer braids look awesome when they're done super sleek & tight, they look just as good when they're a bit messy.
5. Braiding gives your hair a break from styling tools. This was my go-to hairstyle for two months and it definitely gave my hair a boost. You can already braid your hair when it's wet and you're good to go. No styling tools needed!
6. For girls with shorter hair or layers, Dutch braids are ideal because it stops your hair from getting in your face (like when you have a ponytail or bun).
7. When you take out the braids, you're left with crazy voluminous wavy hair!